Why apply for it?
- Category F of the Regulation 5(F) of the Aliens and Immigration Regulations gives the right to a Non-EU national and his family to permanently reside in Cyprus
- Exempts the Non-EU nationals from immigration entry procedures (i.e. Visitor’s visa card)
- The applicant must have a minimum annual income of €9568 and at least €4613,22 for every dependent person (the Civil Registry and Migration Department may demand additional amounts as necessary)
- He/she must have enough money to cover all expenses of all members of his/her family.
- The money must come from abroad and from legal sources
- His/her income must be secured, reliable, and consistent on a long run and maintained in time.
The applicant must complete the application form (M67) and submit the form along with the following documents in original form to the Civil Registry and Migration Department:
- Copy of valid passport
- V (including academic qualifications)
- Bank Accounts Statements in Cyprus and abroad (original)
- Income declaration from sources other than employment (original documents and affidavit)
- Title of ownership or rental agreement (original or true copy). If the title of ownership has not been obtained yet, the applicant must submit the deed of sale and proof of payment
- Criminal Record Certificate (if the applicant resides abroad, official translation duly validated from his country)
The whole procedure takes between 5-12 months.
Permanent residence – fast track procedure
Takes up to two months
Investment/ Financial Criteria:
- Confirmation from a bank in Cyprus that the applicant has deposited a minimum capital of €30.000 into an account that will be pledged for three years. The amount needs to be transferred from abroad
- Secure annual Income (derive from abroad) of at least €30.000 plus €5,000 for each dependent family member and €8,000 for every dependent parent or parent-in-law
- Proof of the purchase of a property in Cyprus with market value of at least €300,000 (Not VAT included):
- The amount of purchase must have been transferred from abroad
- The property can be purchased through a company (established in the EU) provided that the applicant or/and his/her spouse are the sole shareholders or the ultimate beneficial owners of the company
- The applicant may purchase two properties the combined market value of which equals to at least €300,000 (Not VAT included)
- The property/ies must be sold for the first time by a developer company.
- Contract of sale must be deposited at the Land Registry
Additional requirements and documentation:
- Application form (MIP1)
- Confirmation of clean criminal record from their country of residence
- Submission of confirmation that the applicant and his dependents do not intent to undertake any employment in Cyprus
- Affidavit or Official Statement as to the annual income of the applicant, with any other supporting evidence
- Copy of passport
- Health Insurance Policy
- Marriage certificate (if applicable)
All the documents mentioned must be in the Greek or English language and must be certified. The application form along with the required documentation must be submitted to the Civil Registry and Migration Department.
The permit issued to an applicant covers his spouse and children under the age of 18.
Two separate permits may be granted to each spouse without being required for the other spouse to satisfy the investment/ financial criteria. (he/she shall only pay the relevant fee).
Children aged between 18 and 25 who prove that they are students and are financially dependent on the applicant must submit a separate application form. (parents must present an additional annual income of €5000 for every such dependent child.)